VNL launches India’s first 4G/LTE system for rural areas at India Telecom, 2018
VNL wrapped up yet another successful showcase at India Telecom, 2018, organized by TEPC, at Shangri-La hotel on 23rd Feb. With some 135 visitors coming together from over 35 countries at the event , we got a chance to discuss how VNL’s mobile and broadband solutions could impact and change lives of millions by providing connectivity to rural areas , remote industries and public safety agencies.
The main highlight of the event was the launch of VNL’s locally developed 4G/LTE solutions by our Hon’ble’ Telecom Minister Shri Manoj Sinha, immediately after his felicitation for connecting 100,000 villages as part of Bharat Net at the annual get together of buyers and sellers, sponsored by Government of India under the aegis of Telecom Equipment and Services Export Promotion Council.
VNL’s 4G /LTE system has been specially designed to provide seamless, high speed data connectivity to rural areas at the most affordable prices. The 4G/LTE portfolio has access and core network elements which are best in class , power efficient, and are optimized keeping in mind the need for sustainable mobile broadband services for remote & rural deployments.
The system offers compact and versatile radio applications to support a wide range of scenarios, thereby giving admirable flexibility for quick and efficient radio installations. VNL’s 4G/LTE solution can be deployed for variety of applications including emergency communication, communication needs of off shore oil fields, mines and other institutional requirements, and can operate solely on renewable energy.
Other highlights from the event:
- Visit to VNL’s Digital Village in Karenda, Rajasthan, India, on 22nd Feb. An international delegation comprising visitors from Laos, Nigeria, Cambodia, Indonesia, Peru, Tajikistan, Nepal, and others visited Karenda and witnessed first-hand, how applications like telemedicine, smart class and an e-governance are impacting lives in the village .Cambodia’s secretary of state, MPTC Cambodia, HE Mr. Meas Po, was also a part of this delegation.
- Live demonstrations at VNL’s R&D and manufacturing facility in Manesar for ResQMobil –VNL’s emergency communication and search and rescue system and the newly launched LTE telecom portfolio that has been optimized for rural areas.
- Inauguration of VNL’s booth at the event by Secretary, DOT, Ms. Aruna Sundarajan and Secretary, Department of Commerce, GOI, Ms. Rita Teaotia.
- VNL displayed its Digital Villages solutions, including the newly launched LTE systems, Omoco – network in a box solution and ResQMobil - emergency communication and search and rescue system, for the visitors.
- Mr. Rajiv Mehrotra, Chairman VNL, presented his views on Digital Villages at the seminar.