Last night, VNL won the prestigious “Best Technology Foresight” award at the yearly WCA awards in London.
This was the most hotly contested category of the entire evening with 15 companies shortlisted.
The World Communication Awards (WCA) is recognised as the most trusted global industry event of its kind in the communications industry.
The judges described VNL’s WorldGSM system as “a big breakthrough” and they “applauded the use of a green technology that brought mobility to rural areas”.
These were the shortlisted companies for “Best Technology Foresight”:
- Aepona (Telecom Web Services Platform)
- AT&T (Business Direct)
- Bharti Telesoft (Monet Hub)
- Ceragon Networks (FibeAir IP-MAX2)
- dotMobi (DeviceAtlas)
- NXP (mobilkom NFC services)
- NextWave Wireless (TDtv)
- Orange Business Services (Near Field Communications)
- Orga Systems GmbH (LOMS Local Mobile Services)
- Qualcomm (Gobi Global Mobile Internet)
- Spinvox (Spinvox VMCS)
- Telcordia (Real Time Charging)
- Telstra (Network Transformation)
- VNL (WorldGSM solar powered base station)
- Wayfinder (Wayfinder Access)
This is yet another validation of the importance of the task VNL has undertaken – to help mobile operators profitably and sustainably bring mobile telephony to rural areas.